Our Terms & Conditions
Dated January 2020
At Canine Capers of Chester we endeavour to provide the best possible care for your dog(s) but wish clients to understand that though the nature of ‘home boarding’ means that your dog’s level of stress and anxiety will be minimised whilst you are away (they will of course miss you but most actually thoroughly enjoy their time here!!!!) dogs will be dogs and so problems and issues which are eliminated by the isolation of a traditional ‘Kennels’ environment can arise so please take some time to read the terms and conditions below.
Please do not hesitate to call us at any tie to discuss anything here or if you have any questions
Mobile: 07583 505 735
By agreeing to use Canine Capers of Chester through completion of the booking form and payment of the agreed fee, clients agree to these terms and conditions
1. Dogs, whether being walked, boarded or on day care will be kept and walked with other dogs from different households within a pack environment all dogs are transported to and from walks in our vans and will be transported with other dogs.
2. Clients must provide Canine Capers of Chester with full and detailed information about their dog(s) In particular, the client undertakes to make a full and frank disclosure on the booking form of any matter, fact, or characteristic concerning their dog(s) which might impact on the care of their dog including, but not limited to, behavioural or health matters, antisocial behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, destructive behaviour, excessive pulling on the lead, propensity to run away on walks or from the home/garden, incontinence, phobias or fears, excessive loud barking or whining etc. (We fully appreciate that some dogs may initially behave out of character at first but we are very experienced and will always do our best to help them settle in as soon as possible).
3. Should any client’s dog(s) show persistent and overly aggressive behaviour whilst in our care or their behaviour becomes uncontrollable or a nuisance beyond reasonable acceptance, the dog(s) may be placed in the clients preferred alternative location as specified on the booking form (specific local kennels may be subject to availability and so a suitable alternative may be used) and any additional costs, including a £15 transportation fee, will be met by the clients The client further agrees that if their dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with another dog, (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (or person) they will be responsible for any financial losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by their dogs. Costs already incurred by Canine Capers of Chester in this regard must be reimbursed by the client within 7 days of the collection date.
4. The client’s agreement is conditional upon an initial introductory meeting with Canine Capers of Chester, with the dog or dogs who are to attend Canine Capers of Chester. At the meeting the client’s dog(s) can meet our own dogs and we can assess their suitability for attending Canine Capers of Chester. We reserve the right entirely at our discretion to decline any bookings.
5. We reserve the right to decline care for any dog we consider to be visibly unwell at the time of the dog(s) arrival at Canine Capers of Chester.
6. Canine Capers of Chester accepts a limited number of boarders at any one time and so once a booking has been made, delivery and collection dates/times must be adhered to so as not to interfere with other booking’s. If a booking needs to be brought forward or extended for any reason clients should notify us as soon as possible and we will try to accommodate this. If we cannot extend the boarding due to other booking commitments we will place the dog(s) in the clients preferred alternative location as specified on the booking form (specific local kennels may be subject to availability and so a suitable alternative may be used) and any additional costs, including a £15 transportation fee, will be met by the clients. Costs already incurred by Canine Capers of Chester in this regard must be reimbursed by the client within 7 days of the collection.
7. Sufficient food and supplies must be left at Canine Capers of Chester for the duration of the stay. Any additionally required supplies purchased by us during the stay must be reimbursed by the client upon collection of their dog(s).
8. All dogs must be free from fleas and worms before attending Canine Capers of Chester.
9. All dogs must have a collar and owners ID tag during their stay at Canine Capers of Chester.
10. Food must be provided, clearly labelled with the dogs name and frequency/quantity of food.
11. Clients must inform us before making a booking if their dog(s) is a bitch which will or may be in season during their stay so that we can assess their suitability for boarding on the proposed date’s. If we are not informed we cannot be held responsible in the event that their dog(s) mate with another boarder during their stay.
12. Canine Capers of Chester reserves the right to charge for any damage (other than reasonable wear and tear) caused by the client’s dog to our home or furnishings during the course of the dog’s stay.
13. If the client wishes us to exercise their dog off lead, they must sign an off lead instruction on the booking form, under which the client accepts responsibility for loss of or injury to their dog(s) and any third party liability’s.
14. In the event of your dog becoming ill or injured during their time with Canine Capers of Chester, we will administer first aid immediately and if required, seek veterinary treatment. Should veterinary treatment be necessary, we will contact the owners/emergency contact at the first possible opportunity, once any immediate care needs have been met. Should the owner and the Emergency Contact specified in the booking form not be available during an emergency, agreement is given to Canine Capers of Chester to take any decision necessary regarding the dogs health provided it is acting in the best interests of the dog(s) and is on the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeons any veterinary bills incurred during the period of the booking, as well as other incidental expenses plus a £15 transportation cost per visit to the veterinary surgery, will be reimbursed to Canine Capers of Chester by the client within 7 days of the collection date.
15. If any dog is not collected, or the owner or emergency contact have not contacted us within 72 hours after the due collection date, it will be considered that the dogs have been abandoned and Canine Capers of Chester reserves the right to place the dog with an animal charity or rescue organisation. Any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the owners under these circumstances. Any boarding at Canine Capers of Chester beyond the collection agreed date will be charged at the standard rate plus a 50% surcharge payable on collection of the dog(s).
16. To confirm a booking, a 50% booking fee and a completed booking form must be submitted to Canine Capers of Chester. The booking fee should be transferred into our bank account or paid by cash at our initial meeting. The balance is to be paid on commencement of the dog(s) stay. For bank account details please contact Canine Capers of Chester.
17. Boarding cancellations must be notified in writing by email to email@example.com or via a message through our facebook page.
Upon receipt of the cancellation, booking fee refunds may be available on the following basis:
More than 30 days notice – full refund
20-30 days notice – 75% refund
10-19 days notice – 50% refund
Less than 10 days notice – no refund
18. Daycare and walk cancellations are subject to 48 hours notice or are fully chargeable at the standard rate. Regular daycare or walking slots will be held or a maximum of 2 weeks per annum to allow for holidays/absences, beyond the 2 weeks, we cannot guarantee your dogs space upon their return unless the space is paid for throughout the absence. Cancellation of ongoing daycare/walking arrangements are subject to 2 weeks notice or payment there of.
19. For daycare/walking dogs, due to be collected by us, from their home or any other specified place, please ensure they are available to be collected from 8am onwards on those days.